This individual will be responsible for managing accounting functions, including general ledger, financial reporting, accounts payable, payroll, tax compliance, and annual audits. This role is a hands-on manager position that will report to the COO, but also work closely with the CEO and other members of the management team. This individual should expect to play a critical role in helping to build, and lead, a world class finance team from the ground up.
Your responsibilities include:
- Overall management of the financial reporting process, including coordination of annual audits with independent accountants. Review annual and semi-annual reports and ensure compliance with GAAP reporting requirements.
- Review and approve annual operating expense budgets, monthly expense payments, and monitor budgeted versus actual expenses.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to model and execute strategic projects and support company initiatives and financial decisions.
- Works with all the functional groups in the organization to compile all the necessary data needed for the audit support.
- Implement new accounting processes and technologies to facilitate growth, compliance, and scaling of the business.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance from a top university.
- CPA preferred, and Big 4 experience strongly preferred.
- 6-10+ years of relevant accounting experience at, or client service work with, a large institutional investment firm.
- Deep experience implementing and working with modern financial and accounting software and systems.
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting principles.
You might enjoy this role if:
- You are proactive and analytical. You seek ways to improve processes to help reduce time to close. You improve accuracy of the underlying accounting records and improve operational inefficiencies. You demonstrate professional skepticism and a willingness to question why something is being done. You’re precise and diligent.
- You’re reliable, and you get things done. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, and expect to manage large projects. You take deadlines seriously, and believe that a job not done well is a job not done. You naturally take ownership of your work.
- You’re a team player. You’re a strong communicator who can explain complex topics with ease, in any format. You intuitively understand the importance of keeping everyone in the loop, and you take proactive measures to do so. You’re intellectually honest.
- You’re enthusiastic about technology and artificial intelligence.
The RYLTI team is comprised of leaders in the fields of enterprise software, machine learning, data science, mathematics, and music industry applications with a common vision and belief that a massively scaleable application framework combined with the latest advances in machine learning can be applied to quantitatively enable applications that are not possible with current technologies alone. If this type of technology and related projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.